Family Visa-KITAS - Efficient Visa

Family Visa-KITAS

Visa for foreigners who are married to an Indonesian citizen and their children

How do I get this visa?

This visa is designed for foreigners who are married to an Indonesian citizen and their children. It can be obtained by marriage or by spouses and children of work KITAS index 312 visa holders. If you are applying through marriage, please have an official marriage certificate acknowledged by the Indonesian Government ready.

NOTE : Family KITAS visa is only issued to the immediate family members (spouses and children).

What are the requirements to get this visa?

This visa has certain requirements :

  • For the same period as your spouse’s KITAS visa who is officially working in Indonesia.
  • For a period of 5 years (mandatory annual renewal) for those who are officially married to an Indonesian citizen. In this case, you can apply for KITAP after 3 years on KITAS visa.

    How do I apply for this visa?

    There are two options to get this visa. Both ways will grant you a year and a possibility of a yearly extension for up to 5 years.

      Option 1 – Conversion of social visa type 211 into Family Kitas

      This conversion is only possible if the Indonesian spouse is acting as your sponsor and is mentioned in the current Social Budaya visa type 211. Application should be made no later than 3 months before the Social Budaya visa expiration date. Please not that the applicants are not advised not to leave the country to get the residential status, KITAS, and re-entry permit.

      Option 2 – Applying for family KITAS in an Embassy or Consulate of Indonesia in anoter country.

      When applying from abroad, you need to get a TELEX.

      Your Telex has to be requested and prepared in advance for your designated Indonesian Consulate / Embassy in the country where you are planning to submit the application.Please make sure that it has been approved by the Head Office of Immigration Service of Indonesia in Jakarta.
      Telex approval normally takes around 10 business days.

      Once the document is ready, you should get the family visa type 317/318 in an Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. Within seven days upon your arrival to Indonesia, you have to submit your passport to the Immigration Office in order to get a permit to stay and a multiple entry permit.


      What documents do I need to prepare?

      Getting the Telex:

      • A copy of the first page of your passport
      • A Passport size photo with a red background
      • Acopy of an official marriage certificate acknowledged by the Indonesian Government

      From you to the Embassy of Indonesia:

      • TELEX
      • A valid passport, at least 18 months following the date of entry to Indonesia
      • A copy of your passport bearing a stamp of entry to the country where you are applying for the visa
      • A filled out application form
      • Two coloured photos on a light background
      • 105 USD visa fee 

      From your Indonesian spouse:

      • A copy of Kartu Keluarga
      • A copy of your spouse’s KTP
      • A copy of NPWP
      • A copy of marriage certificate
      • A copy of your recent Bank account statement

      How much does this visa cost?

      Efficient Visa will prepare all the documents and offers you some of our services for you convenience:

      • Opening a KITAS family visa 6,500,000 IDR
      • Extension of KITAS Family visa 4,500,000 IDR
      • Fast-track TELEX  1,000,000 IDR
      • Fast-track Report in Immigration 1,500,000 IDR
      • Closure of KITAS Family visa 750,000 IDR